Casio G'zOne Commando update coming, packs a bevy of bug fixesAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
The Casio G'zOne Commando has already been treated to a few updates in its life, and now it looks like the rugged Android handset is due to receive yet another batch of new software. Verizon has revealed on the Commando's support page that an update, build number C771M110, will soon be making its way to the public. The update is of the maintenance variety and is fairly beefy, packing in enhancements like a factory reset function, enhanced Push To Talk feature and an improved Calculator. The full changelog for the C771M110 update is below.
Although the Commando may not be the baddest or most popular Android phone that Verizon's ever released, it's good to see the device not only continue to be updated, but that it's still receiving a number of bug fixes. Verizon says that the Commando's C771M110 update is "coming soon," but if you've got the device and want to check for the update in between rugged trips into the wild, you can do so by heading into Menu > Settings > About phone > System Updates > Check New. Are any of you currently toting a Commando?
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- The factory reset function has been added.
- Setup Wizard will no longer duplicate the “Set up your Google Account” step.
- Skip and rewind buttons will remain active during video or audio playback.
- Successfully set ringback tones for contacts.
- Mass storage mode functions with Windows® 7.
- Improvements in GPS when connected over Wi-Fi.
- Device successfully wakes-up from Sleep Mode.
Email, Messaging & Web
- Exchange Active Sync (EAS) no longer downloads multiple copies of contacts.
- Text messages will send properly when connected to Wi-Fi.
- Deleted emails will sync from the users Exchange account.
- Device will no longer force close when on a call via Bluetooth® and another call comes in.
- Push to Talk feature has been enhanced.
- Improved transition between the Push to Talk call screen and the device Home Screen.
- The device will only switch to speakerphone mode when Bluetooth is disconnected during a Push to Talk call.
Applications & Widgets
- The Follow Me avatar within VZ Navigator® now functions properly.
- VZ Navigator notifications announce properly in a mono Bluetooth headset.
- Album artwork will display for music purchased from iTunes.
- Fixed Home App force close error.
- Social Beat has been updated to version 2.1.22.
- Calculator has been improved.