Motorola DROID RAZR, RAZR MAXX update being pushed by VerizonAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Remember that Motorola DROID RAZR and RAZR MAXX update that we told you about last week? If you've got either of those two handsets, you'll want to fire up your software update functionality, because it looks like the 6.12.181 upgrade is now making its way out to customers. The new software comes in at 17.4MB, and we've got the full changelog available below for anyone that may have missed it last Wednesday.
The 6.12.181 update includes tweaks for improved device stability and enhancements to help extend battery life, among a number of other changes, so this definitely looks like something that RAZR and RAZR MAXX owners will want to check out. If the update has yet to make its way to your neck of the woods and you just can't wait for it any longer, you can check for it manually by heading into Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates. Any of you RAZR or RAZR MAXX folk already receive the update? If so, how's it working so far?
- Improved device stability.
- Optimized device performance to extend battery life.
- Added easy access to preloaded VZW bookmarks through quick key access.
- Corrected loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth.®
- Enhanced device security preventing unauthorized access of telephony database by third parties.
- Device is now updated with IPv6.
- As new Internet addresses are introduced, you will be able to continue to browse and view web pages with this latest Internet enhancement.
- 4G coverage indicator accurately displays data connectivity.
- Improved Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity when utilizing WPS security.
Email, Messaging & Data:
- Improved text message delivery.
Applications & Widgets:
- Improved Visual Voice Mail performance with data disabled and visual voicemail notification delivery.
- Enhanced security in Verizon Apps.
- Included a new MotoCast widget to enable easier access and discoverability of MotoCast services.
- Modified the storage settings screen to make it easier to understand total storage versus available storage.
- Implemented a number of MotoCast performance improvements.
Via Android Central