Motorola DROID 4 update now rolling out over the airAlex Wagner - Senior News Editor
Not long after the Motorola DROID RAZR and RAZR MAXX began receiving their latest update, it looks like the DROID 4 has begun getting its own bit of new software. The update is software version 6.13.219 and packs a handful of tweaks, including improvements to battery life and Wi-Fi connectivity. Here's the full changelog so you DROID 4 folk know what you're getting into:
- Enhanced loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth.®
- Power On function has been fixed.
- Improved battery life.
- Improvements made to reduce touch screen lockups, device sluggishness and blank screen lockups.
- Keypad backlight only launches when needed.
Applications & Widgets
- Successfully receive Visual Voice Mail notifications.
- MotoCast™ widget can be added to home screen and thumbnail view.
- Improved text message delivery when using the Messaging application.
- Improvements to Wi-Fi connectivity.
Sounds like a pretty nice little maintenance update. The software bump weighs in at 18MB, so if you haven't already received it, it shouldn't take too long to get it up and running by heading into Settings > About phone > System updates to pull it down. We'll be waiting in the comments section to hear all about the update once you get it installed.