Motorola DROID 3 maintenance update detailed by VerizonAlex Wagner - Senior News Editor
Remember that soak test for the Motorola DROID 3 that we told you about earlier today? Turns out we didn't have to wait long to find out exactly what that update consists of, as Verizon has officially announced the new software on its DROID 3 support page. Featuring the version number 5.7.905.XT862.Verizon.en.US, the update weighs in at a whopping 224.8MB and contains a bevy of changes, including a Google Security Patch, improvements in device stability to help avoid power cycles and enhancements to the camera's autofocus that'll not only reduce shutter speed time but also enhance image quality. The full changelog is available for your perusal at the bottom of this post.
As we noted earlier today, it's been a while since the DROID 3 was treated to an update by the folks at Motorola and Verizon, so it's nice to see that at least this new software is chock full of tweaks for D3 folk to dig into. Verizon lists the 5.7.905 update as "coming soon," but if you've got a D3 and feel like manually checking to see if it's already waiting for you, you can do just that by heading into Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates. Be sure to give us a shout in the comments below if you manage to find anything and we'll pass along any other details we find on the update's rollout, alright?
- A Google Security Patch has been added to improve the security level.
- Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.
- Avoid device interruption when accessing an application prior to the storage being fully mounted on the device.
- Improvements in device stability help avoid device power cycles.
- When connected to a Bluetooth® headset or HDMI cable, the device will no longer lock up and power cycle.
- Improvements to the camera’s auto focus will reduce the shutter response time and enhance the quality of captured imagery.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Use a wired headset without the interruption of a high pitched tone.
- Plus code dialing has been enhanced, improving the experience while traveling.
Applications & Widgets
- Playback media can be heard while using a Bluetooth headset.
- Place a call to the appropriate recipient using the contact widget.
- When moving applications to the SD card, shortcuts to these Apps will remain.
- After updating the contact database from the Messaging App, the Messaging UI will display the latest contact information.
- Successfully post and play videos on Facebook.
- Purchased ringtones are now able to be downloaded, saved and used where appropriate.
- Contact pictures display properly in Google Voice.
- VZ Navigator 3D City is now preloaded.
- Resolved excessive data usages and continuous downloading for VZ Navigator® 3D City downloads.