Verizon announces new 4G LTE network enhancements and expansionsAlex Wagner - Senior News Editor
Last month saw Verizon expand and enhance its 4G LTE network in a number of markets across the country, and now the carrier has begun revealing which cities will be receiving some of its LTE love this month. There are several markets in Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio that'll be gaining Verizon 4G coverage on May 17th, with expansions and enhancements for existing markets also planned. Here's the list of areas that have already been announced by Verizon:
- Fredericksburg and Martinsville, Va. (May 17th)
- New Castle, Oil City, Franklin, Clarion, Barnesboro, and Somerset, Pa. (May 17th)
- Ashtabula, Bucyrus and Defiance, Ohio (May 17th)
- Lunenburg, Mass.
- Francestown, N.H.
- Henniker, N.H.
- Canton, Lima, Mansfield, Toledo, Warren and Youngstown, Ohio (May 17th)
- Erie, Pa. (May 17th, includes towns of Edinboro, Girard, Kerrs Corners and Waterford)
That's not quite as large as last month's growth, but it's also worth noting that Verizon initially spread its April announcements out in the beginning of the month before making the full list official right before the expansions went live. It's not yet clear if that'll happen again this month, but we'll keep our ears to the ground for more. Any of you live in one of the markets that are already enjoying Verizon LTE enhancements or will be seeing new/expanded coverage on the 17th?