HTC ThunderBolt maintenance update revealed by VerizonAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Are you an HTC ThunderBolt owner that's having some trouble getting through the mid-week hump known as Wednesday? If so, we've got some news that should make the day a little easier to bolt through. Verizon has revealed on its ThunderBolt support page that a new update is ready for its first 4G LTE smartphone. The update is build number 2.11.605.19 710RD and packs in a handful of bug fixes and enhancements, including improvements for data connectivity and a device stability, the latter of which Verizon says will decrease device resets. The full changelog straight from Big Red:
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Device now supports Cisco Any for better VPN functionality.
- Improved data connectivity.
- Improved device stability will decrease device resets.
- Improvements to default mail application allows Yahoo! Mail accounts to receive messages properly.
- Resolved issues with Mobile Hotspot connectivity.
- Incoming calls now display the correct state, when applicable.
This 61MB update may not be huge, but it does squash a few bugs and improve data connectivity and device stability at the same time, which is always good to see. Verizon says that the new update is "coming soon," so if you've got a ThunderBolt in your gadget arsenal, be sure to keep an eye out for it. How many of you are currently rocking a ThunderBolt?