LG Spectrum VS920V6 update coming soon with several bug fixes in towAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Less than a month after we first got wind of a pretty beefy update for the LG Spectrum, Verizon has updated the device's official support page with details on another new software bump for the device. This latest update is software version VS920V6, which is just a notch higher than the last update's version number of VS920V5, and the new update actually contains a changelog that appears unaltered from the VS920V5. That means that VS920V6 includes a bump to Android 2.3.6 and a bevy of bug fixes, like one that'll allow the browser to launch immediately upon selection and another that sets Google as the default search. The full VS920V6 changelog is below.
We never really heard anything from Verizon about the aforementioned VS920V5 update rolling out, so it seems as though that update may have been canned in favor of this new VS920V6 update. As for when VS920V6 might begin rolling out, the folks at Big Red say that it's "coming soon," but that's about as concrete as our release information gets as of now. We'll keep an eye out for more details on the VS920V6 push, and you Spectrum owners can check for it manually by going into Menu > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for updates on your device. Be sure to give us a shout in the comments below if you find anything waiting for you!
- EAS password follows security policy, requiring an 8-digit password minimum.
- Application launch will not cause force close when the device is scanning for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Improved outline for multiple calendar view.
- Calendar reminders send notification at accurate time.
- Successfully sync Optimum Online accounts using POP3.
- Pinch zoom in Camera Preview mode to select zoom level.
Web Browsing & Email
- Sync and Connect email maximum count is 500 regardless of server settings.
- Browser launches immediately upon selection.
- Added ‘Select Search Engine’ option in browser settings.
- Google Search is now set as default search for a better user experience.
Applications & Widgets
- Google GMS (Google Mobile Services) is upgraded to Gingerbread R9.
- Updated Google Play (v3.3.12) with enhanced user experiences.
- Updated Gmail (v220.127.116.11) with a series of security fixes.
- Talk2 (v1.3) includes updated video chat capabilities.
- Updated YouTube (v2.3.4) includes enhanced editing functionalities.
- Visual Voice Mail connection has been updated for a better user experience when syncing email.
- Updated Apps:
- NFL v4.0
- VZNavigator (v18.104.22.168)
- Amazon Kindle (v22.214.171.124)
- SmartShare (R2.0)
- Verizon Video (v6.1.34)
- My Verizon (v10.0.7)
- V CAST Apps (v3.03.41)