HTC's One X and EVO 4G LTE are some of the more hotly anticipated Android phones that we've seen recently, but unfortunately for the folks interested in both devices, HTC has announced some bad news concerning their availability. The company has sent out a statement explaining that shipments of the two handsets have been held up by a U.S. Customs review, which HTC explains is the result of an ITC exclusion order. There's no word yet on exactly how availability may be affected, but HTC says that it's working with Customs to gain approval for the devices. HTC's full statement:
“The US availability of the HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC exclusion order. We believe we are in compliance with the ruling and HTC is working closely with Customs to secure approval. The HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE have been received enthusiastically by customers and we appreciate their patience as we work to get these products into their hands as soon as possible.”
While the One X launched on AT&T earlier this month, it's currently out of stock on the big blue carrier's website. The EVO 4G LTE, meanwhile, is scheduled to launch this Friday. HTC doesn't go into much detail in its statement about the delay, but as The Verge notes, it's likely that this is all due to an ITC exclusion order from back in December that saw Apple win an import ban on HTC devices. The ban was pushed back so that HTC would have time to remove the portions of its software that the ITC said had violated Apple's patent, but the ban ended up kicking in on April 19th. There's no word yet on how long the review may take or exactly how availability may be affected. We'll keep our ears to the ground for more and pass along any new details as we get them.
Via The Verge