LG Spectrum VS920V6 update now making its way to usersAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Own an LG Spectrum? If so, you'd better fire up your software update functionality, because some Spectrum users are reporting that the VS920V6 update has begun rolling out. The new batch of software weighs in at 127MB and includes a bump up to Android 2.3.6 as well as a handful other tweaks, such as Google being set as the default search engine and a fix that'll allow calendar reminders to send notifications at the correct time. The full VS920V6 changelog is available below.
Overall this looks like a pretty worthwhile update for Spectrum folk. While it's kind of a bummer that it's an update to Android 2.3.6 rather than Android 4.0, Verizon has said that the Spectrum will receive Ice Cream Sandwich, so at least we know that it's coming eventually. We'll keep you posted about any other details on the Spectrum's ICS bump as we get them. Until then, you Spectrum owners can head into Menu > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for updates to see if VS920V6 is waiting for you.
- EAS password follows security policy, requiring an 8-digit password minimum.
- Application launch will not cause force close when the device is scanning for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Improved outline for multiple calendar view.
- Calendar reminders send notification at accurate time.
- Successfully sync Optimum Online accounts using POP3.
- Pinch zoom in Camera Preview mode to select zoom level.
Web Browsing & Email
- Sync and Connect email maximum count is 500 regardless of server settings.
- Browser launches immediately upon selection.
- Added ‘Select Search Engine’ option in browser settings.
- Google Search is now set as default search for a better user experience.
Applications & Widgets
- Google GMS (Google Mobile Services) is upgraded to Gingerbread R9.
- Updated Google Play (v3.3.12) with enhanced user experiences.
- Updated Gmail (v220.127.116.11) with a series of security fixes.
- Talk2 (v1.3) includes updated video chat capabilities.
- Updated YouTube (v2.3.4) includes enhanced editing functionalities.
- Visual Voice Mail connection has been updated for a better user experience when syncing email.
- Updated Apps:
- NFL v4.0
- VZNavigator (v18.104.22.168)
- Amazon Kindle (v22.214.171.124)
- SmartShare (R2.0)
- Verizon Video (v6.1.34)
- My Verizon (v10.0.7)
- V CAST Apps (v3.03.41)