Verizon 4G LTE network coming to 28 new markets, expanding in 11 more on May 17thAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Verizon has already announced several markets that'll be gaining new or expanded LTE coverage on May 17th, but today the carrier unleashed the full list of 4G switches that'll be flipped this Thursday. In all, Verizon says that its 4G LTE network will be coming to 28 new markets on May 17th, with expansions planned in an additional 11 cities. The full rundown of new markets and expansions is available for your perusal at the bottom of this post.
This latest LTE coverage growth will bring Verizon's 4G network to a total of 258 markets. Looking ahead, the folks at Big Red say that more than 140 new markets will be gaining 4G LTE coverage over the next seven months. The carrier also reiterated that it plans to have its 4G LTE network cover more than 400 markets in 49 states by the end of 2012. It's good to see Verizon continue to spread its LTE coverage throughout the U.S., especially when it announces fairly sizable expansions like the one that'll be going down later this week. So, any of you located in one of the markets that'll be seeing new or expanded Verizon 4G LTE service on Thursday?
- Houma/Thibodaux and Lake Charles, La.
- Hyannis/Mid-Cape, Mass.
- Benton Harbor/St. Joseph, Mich.
- Biloxi/Gulfport/Pascagoula and Oxford, Miss.
- Atlantic City/Toms River, N.J.
- Dickinson and Williston, N.D.
- Ashtabula, Bucyrus and Defiance, Ohio
- Eugene/Springfield, Ore.
- Lancaster, New Castle, Northern Cambria County, Oil City/Franklin, Somerset and York, Pa.
- Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Mitchell, S.D.
- Paris, Texas
- Burlington/Northern, Vt.
- Fredericksburg, Harrisonburg, Martinsville and Staunton/Waynesboro, Va.
- Sheridan, Wyo.
- Denver, Colo.
- Dover, Del.
- Fort Myers and Lakeland, Fla.
- Hagerstown, Md.
- Canton, Lima, Mansfield, Toledo and Youngstown/Warren, Ohio
- Erie, Pa.