Verizon Galaxy Nexus IMM76K update detailed on support siteAlex Wagner - Senior News Editor
Own a Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon? If so, you may want to sit down for this news. Verizon has announced on its official Galaxy Nexus support page that a new update is ready for the device that features the version number IMM76K. The new software contains several tweaks and improvements, including a change that'll allow users to send texts without running into network connectivity issues and updates that'll prevent the display from freezing up. The full IMM76K changelog posted by Verizon is as follows:
Email, Messaging & Data
- Email messages will display properly when the text size is set to large.
- When sending a multimedia message to an Outlook email address, the file extension will send, allowing the recipient to successfully open an image.
- Successfully deleted emails on the device will be deleted from the desktop as well.
- Successfully send text messages without experiencing network connectivity issues.
- When viewing a Calendar reminder or appointment, you will now be able to view the full notes associated with the appointment.
- A down arrow has been added in the Calendar application that will expand the calendar message body, allowing you to view the entire message.
- Successfully turn on Wi-Fi using the Power Control widget.
- Updates have been made to prevent the display from freezing or becoming unresponsive.
- Complete calls without experiencing choppy audio, clicking noises and one-way audio noises.
- Successfully access Voicemail and other automated systems without error.
Verizon says that the update weighs in at 39.8MB, and while the carrier doesn't mention a specific rollout date, it does say that the update is coming soon. We actually began seeing the IMM76K update appearing on some Galaxy Nexus demo units at Verizon stores back at the beginning of May, but this is the first time that Big Red has officially made mention of the new software. Considering how long it's been since the Verizon Galaxy Nexus last saw an update, I'm sure that owners are more than a happy to finally see the news of this Android 4.0.4 update appear on Verizon's website. We'll keep you posted as we learn more on IMM76K's rollout.