LG Lucid, Motorola DROID BIONIC updates detailed by VerizonAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Verizon has revealed that the LG Lucid and Motorola DROID BIONIC are both due to receive some updates in the near future. The Lucid's update will bump the device up to software version VS840ZV6 and includes tweaks like a fix to correct the syncing of the weather widget and improvements for the dialer and GPS widgets. Verizon says that the 48.9MB update will be rolling out soon, and you Lucid folk can check for it by heading into Menu > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check For Updates. Here's how the full changelog breaks down:
- Weather widget syncs correctly for more precise location coordinates
- Improved Dialer Widget
- Added "Instant Search" and "Add to Contacts" functionalities
- Successfully dial VZW "#" shortcuts
- Improved GPS Widget
- Navigate Google Maps successfully
- Threshold of battery temperature improved, so user will not see "over-heat" when using Google Navigation
Meanwhile, owners of the Motorola DROID BIONIC can expect to see the 5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US update coming soon. Like the Lucid's new software, this one is a maintenance variety, bringing Visual Voice Mail improvements and a reduction in data stalls that should improve 4G LTE data connectivity. The BIONIC's update is 42.5MB in size, and BIONIC owners can check for it in a method similar to the Lucid's, going into Menu > Settings > About phone > System Updates. The changelog for the Bionic's update is available below
These Lucid and BIONIC updates may not contain any ice cream sandwiches, which I'm sure many users of those devices have been waiting for, but any update is a welcome one, especially when it brings improved LTE connectivity like the BIONIC's does. If you own either of these handsets, be sure to give us a shout when your respective update hits!
- Recalibrated volume of the call connect and disconnect tones to be more comfortable for Bluetooth® users.
- Improved Visual Voice Mail to ensure delivery of a notification to the Status bar.
- Reduced data stalls to improve 4G LTE data connectivity.