Verizon 4G LTE coming to 46 new markets on June 21, expanding in 22 moreAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
We've already seen Verizon announce a few markets here and there that'll be joining its 4G LTE family on June 21, but as we've seen the carrier do before, Verizon today released the whole kit and caboodle for us. In total, there will 46 new markets gaining Verizon LTE coverage on June 21, with expanded service coming to an additional 22 markets. This latest growth will bring Verizon up to a total of 304 LTE markets. The full list of new and expanded markets is available at the bottom of this post.
Verizon has said that it plans to offer 4G LTE coverage in 400 markets by the end of 2012, and today's expansion brings Big Red another 46 steps closer to reaching its goal. While we obviously don't know Verizon's exact LTE rollout plans for the remainder of the year, the carrier should be able to hit its 400 market goal as long as it keeps up an expansion pace similar to what we've seen in recent months. So, are any of you located in one of the cities that'll be gaining new or expanded Verizon LTE coverage on June 21? Let us know in the comments below!
- Florence, Ala.
- Harrison, Ark.
- Yuba City/Marysville, Calif.
- Panama City, Fla.
- Carrolton, Gainesville and Newnan, Ga.
- Lihue, Hawaii (launched June 11)
- Blackfoot, Idaho
- Decatur/Effingham, Kankakee/Bradley-Bourbonnais and La Salle/Peru/Ottawa, Ill.
- Columbus and Michigan City/La Porte, Ind.
- Greater Portland, Maine
- Greenville/Greenwood, Jackson and Tunica, Miss.
- Houghton and Traverse City, Mich.
- Jefferson City, Lake of the Ozarks and West Plains, Mo.
- Binghamton, Elmira/Corning/Hornell and Oneonta, N.Y.
- Burlington, Hickory/Lenoir, Jacksonville and New Bern, N.C.
- Bedford and Sharon/Farrell/Hermitage, Pa.
- Anderson, Florence and Greenwood, S.C.
- Lufkin/Nacogdoches, Midland, San Angelo and Waco, Texas
- Danville, Va.
- Ashland, Ky./Huntington, W.Va. and Logan, W.Va.
- Fond du Lac, Janesville/Beloit and Sheboygan, Wis.
- Gillette, Wyo.
- Denver and Fort Collins/Loveland, Colo.
- Philadelphia., Pa./Wilmington, Del.
- Daytona Beach, Gainesville and West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Hilo, Hawaii
- Boise/Nampa, Idaho
- Chicagoland, Ill.
- Lafayette, Ind.
- Hammond, La.
- Springfield, Mo.
- Glens Falls and New York, N.Y.
- Charlotte/Gastonia and Greenville/Washington, N.C.
- Indiana, Pa. and Hagerstown, Md./Chambersburg, Pa.
- Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Norfolk/Virginia Beach, Va.
- Seattle, Wash.
- Appleton/Oshkosh, Wis.