Motorola Photon 4G maintenance update begins rolling out
Looks like the HTC EVO 4G LTE isn't the only Sprint handset that'll begin receiving an update today. Sprint has announced in its official forums that the Motorola Photon 4G is due for a new software update, the device's first since October 2011. The update will bump the Photon 4G to software version 4.5.1A-1_SUN-254_13 and brings with it a handful of enhancements, including support for 1080p video capture and improved music playback. Sprint's full changelog:
- More easily import contacts from SD card.
- Improved music playback, both streaming from Amazon Cloud or Internet Radio services and music saved to the phone - minimizes occasional skips or repeats
- Enhancements for WiFi hotspot in GSM/UMTS mode and adding new WiFi connections.
- Now supports 1080p HD video capture, and enhanced video settings for more responsive playback.
- Easier creating and accepting calendar meeting notices on the phone.
So when will your Photon 4G get its own slice of the update action? Sprint says that the new software will be rolling out in stages and that devices will receive a notification once the update is available. If you'd like to try to check for it manually, you can do just that by heading on into Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Update Motorola Software. This new update may not be the biggest we've ever seen, but it's got a few nice tweaks in it, most notable the support for 1080p video recording and enhanced video settings. If you're rocking a Photon 4G, don't forget to shout it out when the update hits your device. We'll be here waiting.