HTC Rezound Android 4.0 update to begin rolling out to users todayAlex Wagner - Senior News Editor
Good news, HTC Rezound owners! Verizon has published the support documents for the Rezound's Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update, complete with a list of all the goodies included and a few screenshots as well. The update will bump the Rezound up to software version 3.14.605.12 710RD, and once the update dust settles, users will find themselves on Android 4.0.3 with Sense 3.6. The usual ICS features are included with the update, like Face Unlock and a new multitasking menu. Verizon has also provided a list of the other enhancements included in this update:
Applications & Widgets
- V CAST Media Manager has been updated to Backup Assistant Plus with an enhanced user experience.
- Time zone issues have been resolved and proper Timezone will display within the Clock Widget.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Cisco AnyConnect support has been added to improve VPN functionality.
- Improved data connectivity for a better user experience.
- Improve device stability minimizes the number of resets.
- Improvements to Mobile Hotspot connectivity.
Email, Messaging & Web
- Improvements to default mail application now displays all Yahoo! mail contents properly.
Verizon says that the Rezound's Ice Cream Sandwich update will begin rolling out to customers in phases starting today, August 2. Since it's rolling out in stages, Rezound owners shouldn't fret too much if the update doesn't hit their handset today. For those Rezound owners that'd like something to help pass the time until Android 4.0 hits, Verizon's full update documents can be found right here (PDF). And once the update does hit your Rezound? Our comments section is the perfect place to do your ICS celebration dance.