Verizon activates its 4G LTE network in several new markets, expands in othersAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Own an LTE-enabled device on Verizon? If you answered yes, good news! Verizon has announced a number of expansions to its 4G LTE network that are taking effect today, bringing new or expanded LTE coverage to several cities across the country. Some of the expansions taking place include new LTE service in Lawrence, Kan., and expanded coverage in both Charleston, S.C., and southern Arizona. The full list is available at the bottom of this post.
With this latest expansion, Verizon says that its 4G LTE network is available in 371 markets, which brings it a bit closer to its goal of having 400 markets covered with LTE by the end of 2012. Today's list of new and expanded Verizon LTE coverage is pretty sizable, and I'm sure the many customers that'll be activating their iPhone 5s tomorrow (as well as Verizon's existing LTE customers) will appreciate the growth. As usual, give us a shout if you call one of the cities listed below home. Verizon's full list of individual announcements can be found here.
- Merced, Calif.
- Aspen-Snowmass, Colo.
- Bremerton and Silverdale, Colo.
- Greeley, Colo.
- Pueblo, Colo.
- Americus, Ga.
- Bainbridge, Ga.
- Ellijay, Ga.
- Moultrie, Ga.
- Statesboro, Ga.
- Tifton, Ga.
- American Falls, Idaho
- Fulton, Ill.
- Morrison, Ill.
- Rock Falls, Ill.
- Savanna, Ill.
- Sterling, Ill.
- Richmond, Ind. (includes areas in Wayne, Fayette and Union counties)
- Camanche, Iowa
- Clinton, Iowa
- Coffeyville, Kan.
- Emporia, Kan.
- Lawrence, Kan.
- Jackson County, Mich. (includes Jackson, Springport, Parma Township, Concord, Spring Arbor, Sandstone, Pleasant Lake, Rives Township, Blackman Township, Michigan Center, Leoni Township, South Jackson, Clarklake, Napoleon and Brooklyn)
- Bemidji, Minn.
- Rolla, Mo.
- Billings And Helena, Mont.
- Morehead City, N.C.
- Marion County, Ohio (includes Marion, Waldo, Caledonia, Cardington, and LaRue)
- Cheyenne, Wyo.
- Auburn/Opelika, Ala. (includes Opelika, Loachapoka, Beauregard, Salem and Valley)
- Southern Arizona (includes Marana, Vail, Sonoita and Three Points)
- Longmont, Colo. (includes area across the Front Range)
- Tallahassee, Fla. (includes Centerville, Midway, Killaearn Lakes, Summerbrook, Golden Eagle, Oak Valley, Winwood Hills, The Vineyards and Joe Budd Wildlife Management Area)
- Bloomington/Normal, Ill.
- Mattoon, Ill. (includes city of Neoga)
- Peoria, Ill. (includes Glasford, Marquette Heights and Pottstown)
- Northwest Indiana (includes Nappanee, Lakeville, La Paz, North Liberty, Plymouth and West Plymouth)
- Quad Cities, Iowa (includes Blue Grass, Muscatine and Princeton)
- Hays, Kan. (includes Colby and Oakley)
- Rochester, Minn.
- Kansas City, Mo. area (includes Cleveland, West Line and Ectonville in Missouri as well as Louisburg, Bucyrus, Hillsdale and along I-70 between Bonner Springs and Lawrence in Kansas)
- Omaha, Neb.
- Lincoln, Neb.
- Asheville, N.C.
- The North Carolina Triad (includes Forsyth, Guilford and Rockingham counties)
- Dayton/Springfield, Ohio (includes Xenia, Urbana, Greenville and Sidney)
- Philadelphia, Pa. (includes Pottsville, Stroudsburg, Sunbury and Williamsport)
- Greater Pittsburgh, Pa. area (includes Prospect, Henry Clay, Fairchance and North Versailles)
- Charleston, S.C.
- West Desert and Lewis areas of Utah (includes Greater Salt Lake City - Ogden, Provo-Orem, Cedar City, Logan, Park City and Summit Park)