HTC DROID Incredible 4G LTE maintenance update outed by Verizon, global roaming support includedAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
HTC's DROID Incredible 4G LTE made its way to Verizon's shelves in early July, but we haven't heard much about the device since. Today there's a tidbit of news about that ought to help its owners end the week on a high note, though, as Verizon has revealed a maintenance update with some pretty noteworthy enhancements. Verizon's support documents show that the update, which is version 2.17.605.2 710RD, will enable global roaming as well as support for ISIS Mobile Wallet. Other additions include the Verizon Remote Diagnostics tool, improved 4G LTE connectivity and a tweak to allow for a better transition from Wi-Fi to LTE. The full changelog is available for your perusal at the bottom of this post.
Verizon hasn't said when this 154.8MB update might begin rolling out to users, but now that details about it have appeared on the Incredible 4G LTE's support page, it shouldn't be too far out. With goodies like global roaming and better LTE connectivity, this looks like an update that DInc 4G LTE users should keep an eye out for. We'll give you a shout once we get word on its rollout from Verizon. Any of you out there rockin' the DROID Incredible 4G LTE?
Featured enhancements included with this software release include:
- Device is enabled for Global Roaming.
- Now take advantage of voice and data services in over 220 countries worldwide. For additional information and support please visit www. verizonwireless.com/global.
- Device now includes support for Isis Mobile Wallet.
- Take advantage of Tap to Pay with Isis Mobile Wallet ™. Isis Mobile Wallet holds virtual versions of most things your existing wallet does- this includes your credit and debit cards. Just tap your phone to pay at any Isis Ready™ merchant. For more information on Isis Mobile Wallet please visit verizonwireless.com/Isis.
- Enhanced Customer Support with Verizon Remote Diagnostics.
- New customer care solution to improve customer service experience. When a customer calls into Verizon Wireless customer care, this solution, with the customer’s permission, allows support personnel to remotely view the user’s device for device training, application demonstrations and troubleshooting.
- Improved 4G LTE connectivity
- Improved Wi-Fi connectivity for seamless transition between Wi-Fi and 4G LTE
- Support for audio in Tango video calling
- Visual Voice Mail will now be displayed in Application List