Just a day after Verizon announced the LG Lucid's update to Ice Cream Sandwich, the big red carrier has now revealed the Android 4.0.4 update for the LG Spectrum. The update weighs in at 384.5MB and is software version VS920ZV7. Along with the usual ICS enhancements like a data usage monitor, the Spectrum's update brings with it improved voice clarity during phone calls, a new All Apps Screen and the ability to press the Power button to turn on the LCD backlight while on a call. Verizon's full changelog can be found at the bottom of this post.
The LG Spectrum made its debut back in January, and at the time of its introduction, LG and Verizon said that its update to Ice Cream Sandwich was expected sometime in the first half of this year. Obviously they missed that estimate by just a little bit. For anyone that's stuck with the Spectrum until now, though, all that matters is that the ICS update is finally almost here. Verizon has yet to say precisely when the update will start rolling out, but it shouldn't be much longer. We'll update you when we hear more. Spectrum owners that want to check for the update manually can do so by heading into Menu > Settings > About phone > Software update > Check for Updates.
CUSTOMIZABLE LOCK SCREEN
- Fast access to desired applications from the lock screen. Simply swipe up for direct access to your phone, email, text messages or any other application added to this screen.
- The home screen now includes a customizable Launch Bar. You can easily drag apps, shortcuts and folders in or out of the Launch Bar for access from any home screen.
ALL APPS SCREEN
- Add widgets, downloads and apps to your homescreen panels via the All Apps Screen and the Widget Screen.
- Multitask with ease using the Recent Apps Feature. Just press and hold the Home Key to access and easily switch applications by tapping on thumbnails or swiping away apps that you are done with to close.
- Enhanced notifications window includes access to settings menu and new swipe-to-dismiss functionality for individual notifications.
- Power saver function can turn off the battery consuming functions (auto-sync, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, vibrate on touch, brightness, screen timeout and front key light),
- Monitor your data usage all in one place. Set warning levels, check individual app usage or turn off data completely.
- Important Note: The on-device Data Usage meter may not match the amount of data for which the customer will be charged by Verizon Wireless because the on-device meter may include data usage that is not billed to the customer. The My Verizon Mobile app reflects billable data usage and best indicator of how much of the current month’s data allowance has been used.
Here are some feature enhancements included with this software release:
- Enhanced Customer Support with Verizon Remote Diagnostics.
- New customer care solution to improve customer service experience. When a customer calls into Verizon Wireless customer care, this solution, with the customer’s permission, allows support personnel to remotely view the user’s device for device training, application demonstrations and troubleshooting.
- Added Viewdini App.
- Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) is now supported.
- Watch & Learn videos are supported via streaming.
- Improved voice clarity during voice calls.
- Power button turns on LCD backlight while on a voice call.
The following apps have been upgraded for improved performance:
- Play Store
Via Droid-Life, Verizon Wireless