Black Friday and Cyber Monday wireless deals roundupAlex Wagner - Senior News Editor
The day after Thanksgiving, known affectionately as Black Friday, is typically the busiest shopping day of the year here in the U.S. Many retailers heavily discount their products on that Friday, and then consumers swoop in to take advantage of the sales, get a start on their holiday purchases and work off the meals that they consumed the day before. This year doesn't look like it'll be any different, and along with the usual batch of discounts on things like TVs and cameras, there are also some nice wireless deals to be had. We've been watching for sales in recent weeks, and here are some of the promotions that you can expect to see on Black Friday and the following Monday (known as Cyber Monday):
- Sam's Club will be offering the Samsung Galaxy S III for $0.96 with a two-year contract.
- Sprint will price the 16GB Samsung Galaxy S III at $49.99 on both Thanksgiving and Black Friday, and will cut the price of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE to free on contract from Friday through Sunday.
- U.S. Cellular is currently offering a $40 unlimited 4G LTE data plan in markets with LTE coverage.
- T-Mobile will be kicking off a Samsung Holiday Sale on Friday that'll run through December 20. Available in-store only, devices like the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II will see price reductions.
- AT&T will be offering the Nokia Lumia 920 for $49.99 in stores in a select group of states in the western part of the country.
- AT&T will also have some online sales this weekend, including refurbished phones starting at $0.01 on Black Friday as well as devices like the Motorola Atrix HD and HTC One X for $0.99 on Cyber Monday.
As you can see, there'll be quite a few ways for you to snag a wireless gift for a loved one or yourself this weekend. The good news is that some deals take place after Black Friday or extend beyond it, so it'll be possible for you to paint the town red with savings even if you want to avoid the Black Friday crowds. Any of you plan on taking advantage of a Black Friday or Cyber Monday wireless sale? If so, what do you have your eye on?