Motorola DROID RAZR HD, RAZR MAXX HD Jelly Bean update rolling out next weekAlex Wagner - Senior News Editor
Motorola promised that the DROID RAZR HD and DROID RAZR MAXX HD would be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean before the calendar flips over to 2013, and it looks like the company will be making good on its word. Verizon just announced that the Jelly Bean update for both the RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD will begin rolling out in phases next week. No exact start date was mentioned.
Verizon has also posted the support documents for the RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD's bump up to Android 4.1, revealing just what kinds of goodies owners of both handsets can expect to see starting next week. The update, which is software version 9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US, weighs in at 276MB and will include Jelly Bean features like Google Now and expandable notifications. Also packed into the update is improved voice and data connectivity, more reactive and uniform touch responses and the addition of Amazon's app suite (including Kindle, AmazonMP3 and IMDb).
While some owners of the RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD have likely become slightly more impatient for their Jelly Bean update ever since the RAZR M got its Android 4.1 bump, the good news is that Moto is indeed meeting its goal of pushing out this update before the end of the year. Now users only need to wait until next week to get their taste of Project Butter. To help pass the time until then, we've got Verizon's full changelog for this Android 4.1 update available below.
- Sometimes you’d rather just speak your search query. Android lets you search the web with your voice, and it’s convenient for getting quick answers on the fly. It speaks back to you and is powered by the Knowledge Graph, bringing you precise answers and ranked search results.
- Take action directly from the notifications panel. Send emails, return calls, share photos and more. Notifications are expandable and you scan multiple emails, see event details or full images and more.
- More accurate and relevant dictionaries have been implemented. Jelly Bean’s keyboard guesses the next word before you type it and voice typing now works even when you don’t have a data connection, and text-to-Speech capabilities have been improved.
- Just the right information at just the right time. Get today’s weather before you start your day, know how much traffic to expect before you leave for work and when the next train will arrive as you’re standing on the platform. Cards appear throughout the day automatically.
ADDITIONAL JELLY BEAN ENHANCEMENTS
- Move between Home screens with more intuitive graphics and smooth transitions.
- Enjoy more reactive and uniform touch responses.
- Improved voice and data connectivity.
- Native calendar settings have been improved for a better user experience.
- Improved reliability and connectivity of Back Up Assistant Plus & Visual Voicemail.
- Time stamp shown in outgoing multimedia has been corrected.
- Video calling portal and Accessories Application has been preloaded.
- Verizon Video has been removed.
- Color Application has been removed.
- Fully integrated Amazon app suite has been preloaded (includes Kindle, Amazon MP3, IMDb, Audible, and Zappos).