Motorola DROID RAZR HD, RAZR MAXX HD Jelly Bean update now rolling outAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Verizon recently announced that the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update would begin rolling out to Motorola DROID RAZR HD and DROID RAZR MAXX HD this week, but at that time, the big red carrier neglected to mention exactly when the new software would begin pushing. It looks like owners of those two handsets didn't have to wait long to start getting a taste of Jelly Bean, as Motorola has confirmed on its official blog that the update is now rolling out to both devices. The update will be rolling out in phases, so don't fret if it hasn't made its way to your neck of the woods quite yet. Moto also says that a manual update will be made available soon.
As we noted last week when Verizon first made this update official, DROID RAZR HD and DROID RAZR MAXX HD users can expect this 276MB update to bump them up to software version 9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US. Included are Jelly Bean goodies like Google Now and an improved keyboard along with improvements to voice and data connectivity. The full changelog as posted by Verizon last week is available below. Any owners that'd like to check for their Jelly Bean update can head into Settings > About phone > System updates, and if nothing comes up, you'll have to just keep an eye on your notifications area for that little update alert. Be sure to let us know once you finally move up to Jelly Bean!
- Sometimes you’d rather just speak your search query. Android lets you search the web with your voice, and it’s convenient for getting quick answers on the fly. It speaks back to you and is powered by the Knowledge Graph, bringing you precise answers and ranked search results.
- Take action directly from the notifications panel. Send emails, return calls, share photos and more. Notifications are expandable and you scan multiple emails, see event details or full images and more.
- More accurate and relevant dictionaries have been implemented. Jelly Bean’s keyboard guesses the next word before you type it and voice typing now works even when you don’t have a data connection, and text-to-Speech capabilities have been improved.
- Just the right information at just the right time. Get today’s weather before you start your day, know how much traffic to expect before you leave for work and when the next train will arrive as you’re standing on the platform. Cards appear throughout the day automatically.
ADDITIONAL JELLY BEAN ENHANCEMENTS
- Move between Home screens with more intuitive graphics and smooth transitions.
- Enjoy more reactive and uniform touch responses.
- Improved voice and data connectivity.
- Native calendar settings have been improved for a better user experience.
- Improved reliability and connectivity of Back Up Assistant Plus & Visual Voicemail.
- Time stamp shown in outgoing multimedia has been corrected.
- Video calling portal and Accessories Application has been preloaded.
- Verizon Video has been removed.
- Color Application has been removed.
- Fully integrated Amazon app suite has been preloaded (includes Kindle, Amazon MP3, IMDb, Audible, and Zappos).