Just as promised, the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S III has begun making its way to users today. As noted by Android Central, the update comes in at around 400MB in size and will bring the S III up to software version JRO03L.I535VRBLK3 once the update dust settles. As we noted when Verizon announced the update yesterday, S III owners are receiving Google Now, an improved version of S-Voice, support for Isis Mobile Wallet and several other enhancements. The update also enables global roaming. Once again, we've got the update's full changelog available below.
While it appears that many Galaxy S III owners on Big Red are receiving their bump up to Jelly Bean this afternoon, Verizon said yesterday that it'll be rolling out in phases, so don't fret too much if there are no Jelly Beans to be found in your neck of the woods quite yet. Users that'd like to check for the update can do so by going into Settings > About Phone > System updates. Once your Verizon S III does make the leap to Android 4.1.1, be sure to swing by our comments section below to let us know how it's working for you! We'll be waiting.
- Just the right information at just the right time. Get today’s weather before you start your day, how much traffic to expect before you leave for work, and when the next train will arrive as you’re standing on the platform.
- Includes the most up to date version of Google Maps with “voice typing.”
- S-Voice has been improved for better voice recognition. S-Voice and Smart Share now work together seamlessly.
- Take action directly from the notifications panel. Send emails, return calls, share photos, and more. Also enjoy expandable notifications.
- Take advantage of 11 new Photo Effect Filters
- Take advantage of an enhanced and more accurate SWYPE Keyboard.
- Widgets can be resized to fit them where you need them to be.
SUPPORT ENHANCEMENTS AND UPGRADES
- Global Support
- Device is enabled for Global Roaming. Now take advantage of voice and data services in over 205 countries worldwide. For additional information and support please visit verizonwireless.com/global
- Isis Mobile Wallet
- Device now includes support for the Isis Mobile Wallet™ Shop, pay, and save with your phone using the Isis Mobile Wallet. The Isis Mobile Wallet holds virtual versions of most things your existing wallet does such as payment cards, loyalty cards and coupons. Just tap your phone to pay at any Isis Ready™ merchant.
- For more information on the Isis Mobile Wallet please visit verizonwireless.com/Isis.
- Note: Isis is available in select markets only. A new Sim Card and special software will be required to use the Isis Mobile Wallet.
- Improved connectivity and reliability when syncing Google and POP-3 e-mail accounts.
- Enhancements made to improve accuracy of predictive text.
- Automatic Set Up option has been enabled when setting up a Road Runner email account.
- Improved accuracy and runs reliability of Weather application.
- Visual Voicemail has been updated to ensure proper delivery of notifications.
- Fixed resets that were sometimes seen when trying to connect to a VPN client.
- Support for opening attachments in .ics format.
- Now supports Software Upgrade Assistant; installs and runs automatically when plugged in to your computer’s USB port.
- Missed Call Log has been updated to ensure accuracy.
- Enhancements have been made to ensure the reliability of Back Up Assistant Plus.
- Improvements made to automatically reconnect to known previously used Wi-Fi sources hot spots.
- Verizon Accessories Application has been added as a preload.
Via Android Central