Verizon names more cities that are set to gain 4G LTE service on Dec. 20Alex Wagner - Senior News Editor
Remember last week when Verizon named a handful of cities that it'll be activating 4G LTE coverage in on December 20? Today the big red carrier added to that list, revealing several more locations that'll officially gain Verizon LTE service once Thursday rolls around. This time around, several towns in the Southwest and Midwest are the focus, with one West Virginia locale thrown in for good measure. Here's the list of areas that've been recently announced by Verizon:
- Casa Grande, Ariz. (also includes Coolidge and Eloy)
- Flagstaff, Ariz. (also includes Williams, Prescott, Prescott Valley, Mayer, Sedona, Village of Oak Creek and Cottonwood)
- Payson, Ariz, (also includes Star Valley and Rye)
- Saddlebrooke, Ariz.
- Marshalltown, Iowa (includes U.S. Highway 30 from Marshalltown west to State Center and east to Tama)
- Mason City and Charles City, Iowa (also includes Clear Lake and Osage)
- Oskaloosa, Iowa (includes Albia, Bloomfield, Centerville, Eddyville, Fairfield, New Sharon and Sigourney)
- Hastings and Kearney, Neb. (also includes Axtell, Heartwell, Holdrege, Juniata, Kenesaw, Minden, Gibbon, Pleasanton and Ravenna)
- McCook, Neb. (also includes Arapahoe, Bartley, Benkelman, Culbertson, Holbrook, Indianola Imperial, Oxford and Trenton)
- Farmington and Gallup, N.M. (also includes Prewitt)
- Ruidoso, N.M., (also includes Corrizozo)
- Clarksburg, W.Va. (also includes Grafton and Salem)
That's another sizable list of areas, and once the dust settles and this December 20 LTE expansion is done, Verizon says that its 4G coverage will be available in over 470 markets. Even though Big Red has already surpassed its goal of covering 400 markets by year's end, the carrier is still rolling out LTE service in large chunks on a pretty regular basis, and I'm sure its customers are happy about that. All of Verizon's 4G LTE announcements can be found by hitting up the link below. Be sure to raise your hand in the comments below if you call one of the aforementioned cities home!
Via Verizon Wireless