T-Mobile's 1900MHz HSPA+ service officially live in 14 new locationsAlex Wagner - Senior News Editor
There's now less than two weeks before 2012 wraps up, but that hasn't stopped T-Mobile from sneaking in one more expansion of its 1900MHz HSPA+ service before the calendar flips over to 2013. The magenta operator announced today that it's expanded its 1900MHz HSPA+ coverage to 14 new metro areas, including some biggies like New York, Boston, and Philadelphia. Here's the full list of locales that are a part of today's rollout:
- New York, including The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island
- Newark, N.J., including the surrounding cities of East Orange, Elizabeth, Jersey City, North Bergen, Paterson and Union City
- Boston and Cambridge, Mass., including the surrounding cities of Amherst, Andover, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Billerica, Braintree, Brockton, Brookline, Burlington, Canton, Chelmsford, Chelsea, Chicopee, Dedham, Everett, Framingham, Hadley, Holbrook, Holyoke, Lawrence, Lexington, Lowell, Ludlow, Lynn, Malden, Marblehead, Medford, Melrose, Metheun, Milton, Nahant, Natick, Needham, Newton, Quincy, Reading, Revere, Salem, Saugus, Sommerville, Stoneham, Swampscott, Tewksbury, Wakefield, Walpole, Waltham, Watertown, Weston, Westwood, Weymouth, Wilmington, Winchester, Winthrop and Woburn
- Springfield, Mass.
- Providence, R.I., including the surrounding cities of Cranston, North Providence, Pawtucket and Warren
- Detroit and Warren, Mich., including the surrounding cities of Dearborn, Romulus, Royal Oak, Sterling Heights and Troy
- Dallas, including the surrounding cities of Arlington, Carrolton, The Colony, Denton, Farmers Branch, Flower Mound, Frisco, Garland, Grand Prairie, Irving, Lancaster, Lewisville, McKinney, Mesquite, Plano, Richardson, Rowlett and Southlake
- Fort Worth, Texas, including the surrounding cities of Keller and Mansfield
- Austin, Texas including the surrounding city of Round Rock
- San Antonio
- Tampa, Fla., including the surrounding cities of Clearwater, Largo, Safety Harbor, St. Petersburg and Vinoy Park
This expansion comes just one week after T-Mobile's previous 1900MHz HSPA+ growth and brings the total number of markets with the service up to 37. Now customers in these 14 metro areas will have access to voice and data enhancements and improved signal strength, as well as faster data speeds on unlocked AT&T devices, including the iPhone. T-Mo also says that it's working to bring 1900MHz HSPA+ coverage enhancements to other parts of the country, such as Los Angeles and San Diego, so hold tight if you're in an area that's still without these network enhancements. Any of you T-Mobile folk located in one of the cities gaining 1900MHz HSPA+ coverage today?