AT&T running buy one, get one for $100 off promo on Windows Phone 8 devicesAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Looks like that free Nokia wireless charging plate isn't the only Windows Phone 8 promotion that AT&T is running. An internal memo leaked to WPCentral has revealed that AT&T has kicked off a new offer that'll give customers $100 off the price of a second Windows Phone 8 handset with the purchase of one WP8 phone at regular price. The deal is only good with the usual two-year contract and voice/data plan requirements, and both smartphones purchased must be similar models, meaning that Lumia 920 buyers must get a second 920 and HTC Windows Phone 8X buyers will need to select another 8X. If the price of the second handset is less than $100, it'll be free.
While there's no mention in the leaked memo about whether or not this offer is available only or is in-store only, adding two similar Windows Phone 8 models to the cart on AT&T's website did knock $100 off of the second unit's price. I was able to get that discount with a pair of Lumia 920s, Lumia 820s and 8Xs, and it's also worth noting that all three models include a paragraph on their individual product pages that mention an offer for a discount on "each 8X" or "each Lumia." A couple of my local AT&T stores confirmed that a deal was going on, but the employees said that the offer was only valid on the 8X, so your mileage my vary if you're hoping to take advantage of this promo in-store.
Both the leaked memo and AT&T's website show that this offer is good through Feb. 21, and the memo also mentions that customers that buy one Nokia or HTC handset and then decide to buy a second during the promo period can still receive this discount. This looks to be a pretty good deal for anyone interested in one of AT&T's Windows Phone 8 models, especially since the Lumia 820, Lumia 920 and the 8GB Windows Phone 8X are all free with the offer. The leaked memo obtained by WPCentral is available below for your perusal. Be sure to give us a shout if you end up pulling this trigger on this deal!
Buy Any Windows Phone 8 and Get Up to $100 Off a Second Windows Phone 8
Effective January 11, 2013, through February 21, 2013, customers who buy any Windows Phone 8 get up to $100 off a second (like) Windows Phone 8 (e.g., Nokia/Nokia or HTC/HTC Windows Phone 8).
- Smartphone rate plan requirements: Standard data and voice plan requirements to obtain two-year commitment pricing apply.
- The bundle discount of up to $100 applies towards the lower-priced device.
- If buying a second smartphone and the second smartphone is less than $100, it is free.
- New smartphone activation and all upgrades are eligible. Standard ETFs apply.
- The 14-day return policy remains in effect for this promotion.
- Customers who purchase any qualifying Nokia or HTC device, and later decide to purchase a second within the promotion period, may receive the bundle discount