Verizon HTC Windows Phone 8X receiving Portico updateAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
December brought with it the Windows Phone Portico update for AT&T's version of the HTC Windows Phone 8X, and during January we saw Portico hit T-Mobile's flavor of the 8X. Now February is here, and it appears that another U.S. carrier-branded 8X model is getting a heaping helping of Portico. WPCentral reports that Verizon's 8X variant is now receiving its update to Portico, and several Verizon 8X owners have chimed in to confirm that that is indeed the case. This update features the same build number (8.0.10211.204) that we've seen associated with Portico in the past, and according to Verizon's 8X support page, this update weighs in at 48.9MB. Here's the changelog provided by the folks at Big Red:
DEVICE FEATURES AND ENHANCEMENTS
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth profile have been improved for performance.
- Increased flexibility to manage browser history.
- Added capability to select an MP3 file as a ring tone.
- Incremental security feature allowing user to restrict calls to a limited list of numbers.
- Messaging enhancements to allow user to edit an MMS while forwarding.
- User can auto-retry with connectivity, multi-select recipients for a message and ignore calls with SMS reply.
After the dust settles and the Verizon 8X has the new software up and running, users should also be able to keep connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot after the display on their phone turns off and select multiple messages for mass deletion. If you've got a Windows Phone 8X on Verizon and don't see any Portico goodness flowing your device yet, you can check for the update manually by heading on into Settings > Phone Update > Check for Update and going from there. Be sure to give us a shout once the update does arrive!