LG Intuition to receive sizable maintenance update, not quite as large as phone itselfAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Today may officially just be March 1, but I think it's about time that we also declare it Día de la Actualización, aka Day of the Update. Verizon today revealed that the LG Intuition is due to receive a software update in the near future, making it the fourth update that's been announced today. The Intuition's update is software version VS95011B, offering users a handful of tweaks and enhancements. The full changelog posted by Verizon is as follows:
DEVICE FEATURES AND ENHANCEMENTS
- Email Split View has been added
- Messages can be added to an attachment while forwarding an email via Sync & Connect
- Speakerphone parameters have been tuned for better voice quality.
- Fix has been made regarding receiving the same text message several times.
- Color and V Cast apps have been removed
- Amazon Appstore has been added
- Google Message Security has been upgraded to ICS R7.
- Books 2.6.31 includes dictionary, translation, “Places” info cards, and allows users to highlights notes
- Link a Google+ account without a break in SetupWizard
- Compass mode has been updated for smoother navigation
The update comes in at 204.5MB in size, making it a fairly sizable bundle of software, though obviously it's not quite as sizable as the phone that it's being loaded onto. As is usually the case, Verizon hasn't divulged exactly when the update will start rolling out, but any Intuition owners out there that want to snag the update the moment that it's available can check for it manually by heading into Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates on their device. While this new update may not be the serving of Jelly Bean that I'm sure Intuition owners are hungry for, it does contain quite a few improvements that ought to make the Intuition a better device. Do any of you have an LG Intuition or know someone that does?