Verizon Nokia Lumia 822 now receiving its Portico update [UPDATED]Alex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Just a little over a week after Verizon's flavor of the HTC Windows Phone 8X began receiving its Portico update, that device's Windows Phone 8 stablemate on Verizon has started getting its own helping of Portico. WPCentral reports that the Nokia Lumia 822's Portico update has started rolling out over the air, bringing with it improvements to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth performance, support for more microSD card manufacturers and the ability to select an MP3 file and use it as a ringtone. The full changelog provided by Verizon is as follows:
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enhancements for improved performance.
- Extended support for more microSD card manufacturers.
- Improved SD card functionality.
- Added capability to select an MP3 file as a ring tone (MP3 files must be loaded via a PC).
- Enhancements have been made to messaging to allow editing an MMS while forwarding.
- New functionality to multi-select recipients for a message and ignore calls with an SMS reply.
This Lumia 822 update weighs in at 217MB. Owners of the Lumia 822 can either wait for the update to be pushed to them over the air, or they can check for it manually by grabbing the device and clicking through Settings > Phone Update > Check for Update. As with the Portico updates for other Windows Phone 8 hardware, this new software looks to bring a handful of worthwhile enhancements and tweaks to the Lumia 822, so owners of this Windows Phone 8-powered handset may want to just mosey on in to their Settings to see if the update is available now so that they can start enjoying the improvements right away. Are any of you using the Lumia 822 as your daily driver?
UPDATE: Just in case you needed extra confirmation of the update's arrival, the official Facebook page for Nokia's U.S. arm has confirmed that the new software is indeed rolling out.