Sprint's Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE receiving Jelly Bean updateAlex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
It looks like Sprint's Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE is scoring a little victory of its own today, because it's the lucky recipient of a bump up to Jelly Bean. Sprint notes that the update will bring the Galaxy Victory up to Android 4.1.2, and as with just about any Jelly Bean update, Galaxy Victory owners can expect to find goodies like Google Now and actionable notifications waiting for them post-installation. Here's the full L300VPAMC1 update changelog as provided by the Now Network:
- Google operating system upgrade to Android 4.1.2 Jellybean
- Google Now™
- Expandable, actionable notifications
- Android Beam™ to send photos and more
- Automatic re-arranging or re-sizing of widgets on the home screen
- Swype keyboard
- Text-to-speech voice (English)
- Voice typing without an internet connection
- Create/manage Google+ events
- Google maps includes indoor walking directions and Zagat ratings and reviews
The update should begin rolling out to Sprint's Galaxy Victory today, and it'll automatically begin downloading to a user's device once it's available. Any Galaxy Victory owners that are feeling a tad impatient can check for the update manually by heading into Settings > About phone > System Update > Update Samsung Software > Check now.
This bump up to Android 4.1.2 ought to make using the Galaxy Victory an all-around better experience thanks both to the new features as well as Project Butter, which brings increased smoothness of operation to the table. With all of the enhancements that are packed into the update, anyone that's rocking a Victory as their daily driver will want to keep an eye out for their own helping of Jelly Bean in the coming days.