T-Mobile's BlackBerry Z10 slated to begin receiving BlackBerry 10.1 update todayAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
T-Mobile has announced that it's treating its BlackBerry Z10 owners to a nice, beefy update to start the week. The update will bump Z10 owners up to BlackBerry 10.1 and will begin rolling out over the air and through the BlackBerry Link computer software starting today, June 10. Once the dust settles and the update is installed, T-Mobile Z10 owners will find that they've gained HD Voice functionality, improved battery life and a fix for an issue involving duplicate Gmail contacts. The full changelog posted by T-Mobile is as follows:
BlackBerry OS 10.1.0.2026 - Current version
- Adds HD Voice functionality
- Corporate Liable
- The Corporate Liable feature adds additional security in highly regulated and secure corporate environments by implementing a single Work space on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- BlackBerry Balance
- Work and Personal accounts are now separated in BlackBerry® Hub
- You can disable access to the Work space using USB by IT Policy
- An IT Policy restricts an application in the Work space from reading data in the Personal space
- Cross Domain Email Warnings
- Cross Domain Email Warnings occur when you compose an email message involving recipients that reside in different Internet domains. For example, if all current contacts are part of one domain, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org and a contact from a separate domain is added, for example, email@example.com, a warning message will appear alerting the user that a contact outside of the first domain will receive the message.
- Out-of-Box Experience Software Updates
- Configuration and software updates now occur in the background as opposed to a visible task or step in the original release of BlackBerry 10.
- Smartcard Support
- BlackBerry 10.1 will support BlackBerry® Smart Card Reader 2.0. Previous versions of the BlackBerry® Smart Card Reader are not supported.
- Mnemonic Phone Dialing
- You can now dial phone numbers by name or number. In the Phone app, simply start typing the name or number of the contact, and then tap the contact.
- Improves device restarting during normal use
- Improves battery life
- Improves cursor control when selecting text
- Resolves issues deleting prior messages
- Resolves stuck new voicemail indicator
- Resolves duplicate Gmail contacts.
- Resolves meeting invite showing incorrect time
- Resolves caller ID not displaying information for contacts
We've known for a while now that BlackBerry 10.1 was a pretty hefty update over BlackBerry 10, but it's still nice to see such a big list of improvements that'll soon be hitting the T-Mobile Z10. It's worth noting that these updates typically go out in phases, so don't be too upset if you're not seeing it in your neck of the woods quite yet. Once you do manage to grab hold of that BlackBerry 10.1 goodness, be sure to swing by the comments section below to let us know how it's working for you!