T-Mobile's Sony Xperia Z officially official, launching 'in the coming weeks'Alex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
The parade of smartphone announcements marches on this morning with the introduction of T-Mobile's Sony Xperia Z. T-Mobile just revealed that it plans to offer the Xperia Z in the coming weeks, making it the first big U.S. operator to officially pick up Sony's flagship smartphone since its debut at CES in January. The T-Mobile Xperia Z looks fairly similar to the international model, save for that T-Mobile branding on the back, and it features a pretty similar spec list too. Here's what we know about the Magenta variant of the Sony Xperia Z so far:
- 5-inch 1080p HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, which is said to provide "super brightness and clarity"
- 13-megapixel rear camera with Exmor RS for Mobile image sensor that packs support for HDR video
- IP55 and IP57 rated for resistance to dust and water
- T-Mobile HSPA+ and 4G LTE connectivity
- Will be offered in black and purple, with the latter color being a limited time option