featured
featured
PhoneDog Media Exclusive
Download iM5, now available in the App Store and Google Play. iM5 is a PhoneDog Media backed Social Platform to inspire real-life action through the crowdsourcing of ideas. See the video

SoftBank and Sprint logos

No surprise here, but after Sprint and SoftBank reworked their agreement earlier this month to give more cash to Sprint's shareholders, those folks have approved of the deal. Sprint just announced that its stockholders have "overwhelmingly" given their approval, with 98 percent of the votes cast at the Sprint shareholder meeting going in favor of the agreement.

The sweetened Sprint-SoftBank deal that was announced a couple of weeks ago will allow Sprint stockholders to receive $7.65 in cash for each share that they own, or they can choose to convert their shares into New Sprint common stock. The amount of cash that'll be available to Sprint shareholders is $16.64 billion, which is the majority of the $21.6 billion total that SoftBank will be dropping on Sprint as part of this transaction. Once the deal is done, SoftBank will own 78 percent of New Sprint, with the other 22 percent belonging to Sprint stockholders.

This Sprint shareholder vote was one of the final hurdles standing in the way of the completion of the Sprint-SoftBank deal. Now that it's done, the agreement must be given the green light by the FCC. We'll just have to wait to see how the FCC weighs in on the matter, but considering that the deal's already been approved by the Justice Department, SEC and Committee on Foreign Investment, I'd say that its odds of being ok'd by the FCC are looking good. Sprint and SoftBank expect to complete their agreement by early July.

Via Sprint


Don't forget to VOTE! Each week, PhoneDog Fans vote for their #1 smartphone in the Official Smartphone Rankings. Vote now and contribute to the industry's most relevant weekly ranking charts


Related posts



Comments & discussions  




Most popular Videos
Most popular Videos
Most popular Videos

Most popular Reactions
Most popular Reactions
Most popular Reactions

This weeks "People's Choice Rankings" best smartphones
People's Choice Rankings


See all hot devices