AT&T Moto X update rolling out today with improvements to camera, Touchless Control and moreAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Following last month's rollout of an update for the T-Mobile Moto X that brought with it camera improvements and several other tweaks, it appears that it's now AT&T's turn to begin the update process. AT&T just announced that starting today, Oct. 4, owners of its Moto X can download a new software update that includes enhancements to the camera, Touchless Control and more. The changelog posted by AT&T is as follows:
- Camera enhancements:
- Enhanced camera auto-white balance performance and color accuracy.
- Improved exposure when taking photos outside or backlit, and improved clarity in low light.
- Faster touch-to-focus time and reduced unnecessary refocusing in low light or scenes with continuous motion.
- Faster response and improved accuracy when using Touchless Control and easier set up and training of the “Ok Google Now” trigger.
- Enhanced transfer of content from old phone to new phone using Motorola Migrate.
- Fine-tuned feature that allows you to find phone when it is lost that sometimes prevented a lost phone from reporting its location.
Looks like a pretty significant update to me, especially when it comes to the Moto X's camera. If you're rocking an AT&T-branded Moto X, keep an eye out for an update notification in your status bar. Anyone that wants to download the update as soon as it becomes available (and really, why wouldn't you?) can check for it manually by heading into Settings > About Phone > System updates. Once you get that piping hot new software onto your Moto X, be sure to let us know how included enhancements to the camera and Touchless Control are treating you!