AT&T HTC One's Android 4.3 update now rolling out to users [UPDATED]Alex Wagner - Deputy Managing Editor, News Desk
Remember that time when HTC president Jason Mackenzie said that the AT&T version of the HTC One would begin receiving its Android 4.3 update early this week? Well, he wasn't kidding. Mackenzie just announced on Twitter that the AT&T One's Android 4.3 update has started to push out to users and that it should be available through the AT&T Software Update tool. Owners of the AT&T-branded One can check for the update by heading into Settings > AT&T software update > Check for updates on their device.
Neither AT&T not HTC have posted an official changelog for the update quite yet, so it's not clear how large it is or exactly what tweaks it contains. We do know that the update will bump the AT&T-branded HTC One up to Android 4.3, though, and some HTC Sense improvements are also likely on board. If you've got an HTC One that's sporting an AT&T globe tattoo on its backside, be sure to keep an eye out for the your own Android 4.3 bump. Once it arrives, let us know in the comments section below!
UPDATE: AT&T has officially announced the Android 4.3 update for its HTC One. According to the big blue carrier, here's what HTC One owners can expect to find after they've gotten the new software up and running on their device:
- Improved notification bar with quick access to many of the most popular settings.
- The integration of Instagram™ into HTC BlinkFeed.
- The ability to lock the camera focus and exposure on a specific target within the viewfinder.
- An updated HTC gallery user experience.
- HTC Zoe® updates that include:
- The option to change the file format of Zoe capture to a 3-second MP4 video and one second still JPG photo. This change will significantly reduce the amount of storage space used when capturing Zoe shots.
- Updated visualizer features within the HTC Music app.
- The ability to add widgets to the lock screen.
- New home key secondary functions to quickly access either Google Now or the menu.
- New settings for the battery percentage notification.