AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 now receiving GDR2/Amber updateAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
The Nokia Lumia Amber update originally began rolling out to users in mid-August, bringing with it several camera improvements, Glance Screen and more. Since then we've seen the update make its way to various Windows Phones, but AT&T's Lumia 820 and Lumia 920 have been left Amber-less and in the dark about when their update might arrive. It looks like that time is now, as several AT&T customers are now reporting that their Lumia Amber downloads are underway.
So what kinds of goodies can Lumia 820 and Lumia 920 owners expect to find once the dust settles and they're finally running Amber? The aforementioned camera enhancements will bring better low-light shots and improved auto-focus, as well as access to the Nokia Smart Cam app. Lumia 920 owners will also be able to download the Nokia Pro Cam app. The update will also enable FM radio, Nokia Glance Screen and a handful of performance improvements. The full Lumia 920 changelog that's been shared by Nokia is as follows:
- Take better pictures with the improved camera – better low-light photos, improved autofocus, and more
- Download Nokia Smart Camera and Nokia Pro Camera – expand your imaging experience. Available from the Store app.
- Tune in to your favourite stations with the new FM radio
- Turn on Nokia Glance Screen – see the clock and battery status even when your phone is locked
- Flip to silence – simply flip your phone face down to stop it ringing
- Get stability, network connectivity, battery performance, and other usability improvements on your phone
Over the air updates like Lumia Amber typically take some time to reach all users, so don't fret if your Lumia 820 or Lumia 920 hasn't gotten its own taste quite yet. If you're feeling a tad impatient and want to check for the update manually, you can do just that by heading into Settings > Phone update > Check for updates. Just remember that you'll need to be connected to Wi-Fi in order to download the new software. Once your Lumia 820 or Lumia 920 finally gets its update, don't forget to stop by the comments section below to do a little happy dance and tell us all about how Amber is working for you!