Oppo N1 with 13-megapixel rotating camera now available for purchase, pricing starts at $599Alex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Just as promised, Oppo's flagship N1 smartphone is now available for purchase in the U.S. and Europe. The N1 is offered with 16GB or 32GB of built-in storage and is priced at $599 or $649 in the U.S. and €449 or €479 in Europe. Wondering exactly what your hard-earned stack of cash will get you when buying an Oppo N1? I've got you covered:
- 5.9-inch 1080p display
- 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor
- 13-megapixel camera with dual-LED flash, capable of rotating 206 degrees
- 16GB or 32GB storage
- 2GB RAM
- NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi Direct
- O-Touch rear touch panel that can be used to scroll, tap and capture photos
- WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100MHz, support for 42Mbps HSPA+
- 3610mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean running beneath Oppo's Color OS user interface (CyanogenMod ROM can be flashed from recovery)
In addition to the N1 itself, buyers will receive a free O-Click Bluetooth camera remote and an Easy Cover. Oppo also plans to offer a limited edition N1 CyanogenMod Edition, which will come preloaded with a CyanogenMod ROM and will also include a special protective case and stickers. Oppo has said that the special model will be available in December.
The Oppo N1 includes its fair share of few high-end features, and I'm sure that there are quite a few Android tinkerers out there whose interest in the unit has been piqued thanks to its ability to easily run CyanogenMod. The N1's lack of 4G LTE connectivity is kind of a bummer, as is the fact that it comes preloaded with Android 4.2 rather than a fresher version of Google's mobile operating system, but the good news is that the latter of those two niggles can be addressed with an update. Here's to hoping that Oppo can push one out soon.
If you're interested in picking up an Oppo N1, you can check out Aaron's hands-on with the unique device below.
Via Oppo Style