Verizon Galaxy Note 3 update brings improvements to connectivity, sound quality and moreAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Looks like this week is off to a hot start for the Note family. Just a day after T-Mobile began pushing an Android 4.3 update to its flavor of the Galaxy Note II and Samsung announced that the Note 3 has racked up shipments of over 10 million units since its launch less than two months ago, the Verizon-flavored Note 3 appears set to receive a sizable maintenance update.
Verizon has posted support documents for a new Note 3 update that includes several bug fixes, including a crash issue with the Samsung keyboard and an email sync problem, as well as improvements to things like connectivity, sound quality and notification panel responsiveness. There are quite a few preinstalled apps in there, as well. Here's Big Red's full changelog:
KEY DEVICE ENHANCEMENTS
The following apps/widgets/services are now preloaded:
- MyInfoZone widget
- Verizon Support & Protection (VSP) version 2.0.0
- Verizon Cloud
The following issues have been resolved:
- Incoming call displays Picture Me on screen when using Call Waiting
- Handwriting data entry issue for email and SMS messages has been resolved
- Email sync issue has been fixed and connectivity has been improved
- BT audio continues after a call is missed
- Mobile Hotspot reliability has been improved
- Samsung keyboard crash issue has been resolved
- Notification Panel responsiveness has been improved
The following additions have been made:
- Voicemail Notification has an Urgent Priority notification
The following areas have been improved:
- Sound quality
Samsung's support page for this update as version number N900VVRUBMJE and also mentions that it enables Band 4 LTE connectivity.
The phrase "The following apps/widgets/services are now preloaded" probably isn't one that many smartphone owners are thrilled to see when looking over the changelog for a new update, but there are quite a few noteworthy improvements included in the Verizon Note 3's newest update to help balance things out. As for when Note 3 owners will actually be able to try out those enhancements for themselves, the fact that both Samsung and Verizon have posted support documents suggests that it should start appearing on devices soon. Note 3 owners can check for the update manually by going into Menu > Settings > General > Software update > Check for new software update.