AT&T's Nokia Lumia 1020 getting Lumia Black update, Lumia 1520 also updatingAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
In the smartphone world, there's not many things that are better than getting a surprise software update, especially when that update is a beefy one like Nokia's Lumia Black. That's why today has turned out to be a pretty good day for Nokia Lumia 1020 owners. Nokia just announced that it is now rolling the Lumia Black update out to AT&T's version of the Lumia 1020, which will bump the device up to software version 3051.40000.134x.00xx.
The Lumia Black update is the follow-up to Lumia Amber and includes some notable new features. After installing the update, Lumia 1020 owners can expect to find improved camera performance, which is a big deal considering that that phone is all about the camera. Also included is the ability to lock the 1020's screen rotation, Bluetooth 4.0 LE support, the newest version of Nokia Glance Screen and much more. Here's Nokia's full changelog:
- Daily delighters: lock the screen rotation, close apps easily in the app switcher, use custom ringtones for messaging and mail, among other things
- Update to Nokia Camera that combines Nokia Smart Camera and Nokia Pro Camera. Available from the Store app.
- Get the latest version of Nokia Glance Screen – see quick status notifications, for example, about calendar and messaging events on the lock screen.
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE – preserve energy while staying connected via Bluetooth
- Get enriched camera performance, enhanced battery monitoring, and other stability and usability improvements
The Lumia 1020 isn't the only Nokia handset getting an update today, as AT&T's Lumia 1520 is getting its own piping hot serving of software. The Lumia 1520 actually comes with Lumia Black preinstalled, so its update isn't quite as massive as the Lumia 1020's, but today's update to software version 1028.3534.1347.2001 does bring with it some performance and stability improvements. Those are always nice, right?
Nokia says that these updates for the Lumia 1020 and Lumia 1520 are now available. If either of these Windows Phones have taken up residence in your home, then you'll want to grab them now and head on in to Settings > Phone update > Check for updates to see if you can snag this new software. Just don't forget to come back once you're done updating so that you can tell me all about how your surprise update is treating you, mmmkay?