BLU Products has been on a bit of a roll with new product announcements lately, and today the Florida-based firm kept that stream a-flowin' by announcing five new devices under its Life brand. Here's how each new model breaks down:
- Life One X: The highest-end unit in the bunch, the Life One X packs a 5-inch 1080p display and 5-megapixel camera on its face as well as a 13-megapixel shooter on its backside. Buried inside of its 8.6mm-thick frame is a 1.5GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589T processor, 2GB RAM and a 2000mAh battery. The Life One X will come preloaded with Android 4.2 and is now shipping in 16GB and 32GB variants that are priced at $279 and $299, respectively. The two models of the Life One X include either 3G 850/1900/2100MHz or 850/1700/1900MHz support.
- Life One M: Launching at the end of January for $199, the Android 4.2-powered Life One M sports a 5-inch 720p display and a 1.5GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589T chipset. Also included is a 12-megapixel rear camera, 2-megapixel front-facing shooter, 4GB storage that can be supplemented with a microSD card, 1GB of RAM and a 2000mAh battery. Connectivity options include 3G 850/1700/1900MHz or 850/1900/2100MHz.
- Life Play X: Stepping things down a bit in screen size is the Life Play X, which features a 4.7-inch 720p display. Also included is the same 1.5GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589T processor as its Life One siblings, 8-megapixel rear and 2-megapixel front cameras, 16GB storage, microSD card slot, 1GB of RAM and an 1800mAh battery. The Life Play X is now shipping with Android 4.2 and 3G support on either the 850/1900MHz or 850/2100MHz bands for $219.
- Life Play S: The final new handset announced today is the Life Play S. This model packs a 4.7-inch 720p display, 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor, 8-megapixel rear camera and 2-megapixel front camera. It also comes with 4GB storage that can be expanded upon with a microSD card. Rounding out the Life Play S's spec list is 1GB of RAM, Android 4.2 and 3G support on the 850/1700/1900MHz or 850/1900/2100MHz bands. Expect the Life Play S to begin shipping by the end of January at a price of $199.
- Life View Tab: As its name suggests, the Life View Tab is the newest tablet to join the BLU family. The slate features an 8-inch 1024x768 display, 5-megapixel cameras on both its front and rear and a 1.2GHz quad-core MediaTek MT8389M processor at its core. The Life View Tab comes with 16GB of storage as well as a microSD slot for additional space and 1GB of RAM. Android 4.2 and a 4500mAh battery power the Life View Tab, which will begin shipping by the end of January in 3G 850/1900/2100 or 850/1700/1900 variants. Pricing will be set at $199.
With new Life-branded hardware on the way, BLU has announced that its original Life devices will be receiving a price cut. Starting today, the Life Play will cost $199 while the Life View and Life One will each be sold for $269. BLU also notes that while all of the members of its Life lineup of devices are shipping with Android 4.2 in tow, it plans to upgrade them to Android 4.4 by the end of Q2 2014.
So that's BLU's upcoming product lineup. Overall it looks like the company's got a decent range of hardware on the way, and the good news is that all five devices won't be too hard on consumers' wallets. It's also nice to see that BLU is promising Android 4.4 updates for later this year, meaning that interested customers can buy one of these Life devices now and know that they'll be given a tasty KitKat treat later this year. Additional images of all five of BLU's new Life products can be found in the gallery below.
Via BLU Products