Verizon teases '#MORE' announcement as details of MORE Everything initiative leakAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Verizon today made a cryptic announcement that "#MORE Is Coming," telling us to "Get ready to learn #more about how Verizon Wireless is changing the game – again." The big red carrier went on to say that tomorrow we'll learn more information about what it's teasing, but because this is the Internet, the details of Verizon's announcement have leaked out ahead of time.
The folks at Android Police have gotten hold of some images of Verizon's internal systems that shed light on the operator's "MORE Everything" plans, which will offer more data, faster upgrades and other goodies. Here's a bullet point breakdown of what Verizon reportedly has planned:
- Increased data buckets, with the 500MB plan moving to 1GB, 1GB to 2GB and the 2GB plan getting a bump to 3GB of usage.
- Verizon Edge open enrollment, which will allow customers that bought a phone before Nov. 13 to upgrade through the Edge program. Open enrollment will run through March 31.
- Monthly discount of $10 per smartphone line for Verizon Edge customers with 8GB or lower data allotment, $20 discount for customers on 10GB or higher plans.
- Double network bandwidth in unnamed cities across the country.
- Free Verizon Cloud storage allotment bumped from 5GB to 25GB.
- Unlimited international messaging included with MORE Everything plans.
As is usually the case with leaks in the mobile world, nothing here should be considered official until Verizon says it is. Should this information hold true, the MORE Everything and Edge changes that Verizon have planned don't seem quite as earth-shattering as they're being made out to be, and I'm not sure that they'll convince many non-Verizon customers to make the jump to Team Big Red. They do look like nice tweaks for existing Verizon folk, though, especially the increased data allotments and boosted network bandwidth.
Verizon has said that it'll share more #MORE details on what it's teasing tomorrow, so stay tuned for more details as we get 'em.