Sony updating Xperia T, TX, V and SP to Android 4.3
Sony is now pushing an update to Android 4.3 to the Xperia T, Xperia TX, Xperia V and Xperia SP. The upgrade bumps the four handsets up to the freshest version of Jelly Bean and also includes updates for several Sony applications, including Messaging, Small Apps, Track ID and Walkman. Here's the full list of changes that Sony has crammed in:
- Google’s Android 4.3; Jelly Bean as standard – bringing Project Butter performance & UI response optimisation and a smoother graphical experience
- We’re also uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, Sony Select and
- Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration* – a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, offering seamless access to both local and cloud content
- The launch of our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – more on this soon…
- The latest Android security enhancements, matched with Sony’s mobile enterprise solution: Xperia in Business
- Battery STAMINA Mode – updated version of Sony’s power management app, now withrefreshed interface and more smart options for prolonging battery life
Sony previously said that it was aiming to release these updates in late January or early February, and it looks like the company just barely met its goal. While these phones may not be getting bumped up to the freshest version of Android, at least not today, an update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is certainly better than no update at all.
As with most software updates, Sony notes that the actual availability of these Android 4.3 bumps will vary by market and carrier, so don't fret if you've got one of the aforementioned Xperia smartphones and haven't yet been bumped up to 4.3. Just be sure to remain calm, keep an eye on your notification panel and think of how tasty that Jelly Bean treat will be once it finally arrives. Mmm, Jelly Beans.
Via Sony Mobile