T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 925 now receiving its Lumia Black updateAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Nokia's rollout of the Lumia Black update continues! A couple of weeks after Verizon's Lumia 928 got its update to Lumia Black, Nokia has announced that the update is now available to T-Mobile's version of the Lumia 925.
The Lumia Black update bumps the T-Mobile Lumia 925 to firmware version 3051.40000.1404.0011 and includes a number of noteworthy enhancements. For example, Lumia Black users can lock the screen rotation of their device, set custom ringtones for messaging and mail and use apps like Nokia Storyteller and Nokia Beamer. Here's the full changelog for the Lumia 925's update to Lumia Black:
- Daily delighters: lock the screen rotation, close apps easily in the app switcher, use custom ringtones for messaging and mail, among other things
- Update to Nokia Camera that combines Nokia Smart Camera and Nokia Pro Camera. Available from the Store app.
- Get new apps, such as Nokia Storyteller for reliving the imaging experiences, and Nokia Beamer, the mobile projector for sharing content from your phone screen. Available from the Store app.
- Get the latest version of Nokia Glance Screen – see quick status notifications, for example, about calendar and messaging events, on the lock screen. Available from the Store app.
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE – preserve energy while staying connected via Bluetooth
- Get better Bluetooth connection quality, enhanced battery monitoring, and other stability and usability improvements
I'm sure that there are a few T-Mobile Lumia 925 owners that are bummed that their Lumia Black update is arriving more than a month after it hit the AT&T and international versions of the 925, but hey, all that matters now is that this beefy update is finally here. If you call the T-Mobile Lumia 925 your daily driver, you can check for the Lumia Black update by heading into your device's Settings menu and selecting Phone Update.
Once you get Lumia Black up and running on your 925, be sure to swing by the comment section below and share your early impressions!