T-Mobile Galaxy S 4 receiving its Android 4.4.2 KitKat updateAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
T-Mobile announced today that the Android 4.4.2 update for its version of the Galaxy S 4 is available starting today, March 10. The update is rolling out over the air and is also being served up through Samsung's Kies computer software. Once installed, the GS4 will be on baseband version M919UVUFNB4. So what's inside this update, you ask? Get ready to do some learning:
Android version 4.4.2 / Baseband version M919UVUFNB4
- Android version 4.4.2 / Baseband version M919UVUFNB4
- Approved 3/10/14
- OTA and Samsung Kies update available 3/10/14
- Improved stability
- New camera shortcut on the lock screen
- Improved on screen keyboard
- Device software is not rooted
- 50% battery life
- Latest version of Kies software downloaded on PC or MAC
- Data connection
- File size of update is 388 MB.
Now that the T-Mobile Galaxy S 4's update to KitKat has officially begun, that leaves Verizon as the only major U.S. carrier with a GS4 that's still on Jelly Bean. Here's to hoping that that changes soon, because I'm sure that Big Red's GS4-toting customers are getting pretty hungry for their own helping of KitKat by now. In the mean time, if your GS4 has a T-Mobile tattoo on its backside, you can hop into Settings > More > About device > Software update to check for this Android 4.4.2 update.