New HTC One spec details continue to leakAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Hot on the heels the emergence of a carrier brochure that revealed just what purpose the two cameras on the new HTC One's backside will serve, another leak has shed even more light on HTC's upcoming flagship smartphone.
The folks over at GSMArena claim to have gotten hold of a complete spec list for the new HTC One, which also goes by the codename M8, and thankfully they've decided to share it with us all. Here's what we're told to expect from the new One:
- 5-inch 1080p display
- 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
- 16GB built-in storage
- microSD card slot
- Duo Cameras on back with UltraPixel tech, 1/3.0-inch size, f/2.0 aperture and 2µm pixel size
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- 2600mAh battery
- 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35mm
- Software features:
- Motion Launch enables the user to answer a call by placing the ringing phone up to his or her ear
- Access BlinkFeed or other apps by swiping screen when it's asleep
- Double-tap to wake
If this leak ends up being accurate, then the new HTC One should make for a respectable upgrade from the original model. Several of the OG One's popular features appear to have been included in the new model, like the 1080p resolution and BoomSound speakers, while the upgraded processor and microSD slot make for welcome additions to the M8. Here's to hoping that HTC can get the new One on sale shortly after its March 25 debut so that the leaks can end and we can actually find out how the device performs for ourselves.