HTC One (M8) now available from carriers, Google Play edition page live [UPDATED]Alex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
It's now been a couple of hours since the HTC One (M8) made its official debut, and just as promised, the new Android flagship is now available for purchase online from several different retailers. AT&T, Sprint and Verizon are all accepting orders for HTC's new handset, and Google has also put up its product page for the Google Play edition of the One (M8). Here's how the pricing for each variant breaks down:
- AT&T: $32.00 per month for 20 months on AT&T Next 12, $24.62 per month for 26 months on AT&T Next 18, $199.99 with a 2-year contract, $639.99 full retail
- Sprint: $27.09 per month for 24 months on Sprint Easy Pay, $199.99 with 2-year contract, $649.99 full retail
- Verizon: $25.22 per month for 24 months on Verizon Edge, $199.99 with 2-year agreement, $599.99 full retail
- Verizon is also running a buy one, get one free promo that will give a free HTC One (M8) with a 2-year contract when you buy one unit
- Best Buy: $199.99 with 2-year commitment
- Google: $699.00, currently listed as "Coming Soon"
- It's also worth noting that Google has cut the price of the HTC One (M7) Google Play edition. That device is now priced at $499 and is available to ship in 1-2 business days.
Those of you that'd prefer a brick and mortar buying experience can snag an HTC One (M8) from Verizon stores starting today. AT&T, Sprint and Best Buy are expected to begin in-store sales on April 10. As for T-Mobile, the big magenta carrier has only said that it will launch the One (M8) in April.
We've seen some device makers announce a new product and then follow that up with a launch a couple of weeks later, but HTC has managed to announce its new device and kick off sales on the same date, including in-store availability with Verizon. Not only is that impressive, but it's great for any consumers that were left drooling over the One (M8) after today's announcement.
Have any of you bought an HTC One (M8) yet? If not, are you planning to soon?
UPDATE: T-Mobile just pinged us to say that it will launch the HTC One (M8) in stores and online on April 11. Pricing will be set at $0 down and 24 monthly payments of $26.50 per month, which works out to a total of $636.
UPDATE 2: The HTC One (M8) Google Play edition is now available for purchase for $699 with free ground shipping. New orders are expected to leave Google's warehouse in 2-3 weeks.