Sprint Galaxy S5 maintenance update rolling out starting todayAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Have you treated yourself to a Sprint Galaxy S5 since its launch earlier this month? If so, you’ll be pleased to know that your device will be treated to its first software update starting today, April 23.
Sprint has announced the ND2 update for its version of the Samsung Galaxy S5. This update bumps the Galaxy S5 up to software version G900PVPU1AND2 and includes the following tweaks:
- Google search results are no longer included in the list when using S Finder
- Fixed device responsiveness when using S View Cover
- Enable camera capture during voice call
- Fixed alarm failure when deleting alarm
- Fixed email duplication, when moving an email from original folder to another folder the email should only be viewable in the moved to folder
This maintenance update may not seem terribly exciting, but it’s good to see Samsung and Sprint working to address issues with the Galaxy S5 so quickly.
Sprint says that the ND2 update will roll out to Galaxy S5 owners in batches, so don’t fret if you don’t get it today. If you’d like to try and pull the update manually, or you just want something to occupy your time until ND2 makes its way to you, you can check for the update by heading into Settings > System > System Update > Update now.