Google Maps for Android and iOS update brings lane guidance, offline maps management and moreAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Google is known for updating its mobile apps on Wednesdays, but apparently it just couldn’t wait one more day to share its latest Maps update with us.
- Shows you which lane to stay in or move to
- Easier access to alternate routes while navigating
- Saving maps for offline use (can also give maps custom names)
- Filter restaurant, bar and hotel search results by opening hours, rating, price and more
- Compare Uber ride with transit and walking directions (must have Uber app installed)
- Transit results show walking time and next scheduled bus or train
- Save places that you’d like to visit later (will sync across devices)
- Search for a location and then view it in Street View
- Bug fixes
This is a pretty beefy update with new features for everyone, including drivers, transit fans and Uber users. The update is rolling out starting today and can be found at the links below.