Pebble announces new smartwatch firmware, updates for Android and iOS appsAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
The new Pebble firmware is version 2.1 and includes goodies like the ability to clear notifications in the Settings menu, improved consistency of battery monitoring and better Bluetooth reliability when connecting.
Pebble Firmware 2.1 (Release Notes)
- Notifications can be cleared via Settings » Notifications » Clear History.
- Improved consistency of battery monitoring.
- Improved Bluetooth reliability when reconnecting.
- Fixed caller ID sometimes not displaying on outgoing calls.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
Android Pebble App 126.96.36.199 (Release Notes)
- Hotfix for a crash-on-boot issue some Android 2.0.15 users were seeing.
- No other major changes from version 2.0.15.
iOS Pebble App 2.1.3 (Release Notes)
- No other major changes from version 2.1.1.
It’s always exciting when your smartphone or smartwatch receives an update, but today those Pebble owners that connect their wearable to and Android or iOS device have two things to get excited for.
To update your Pebble smartwatch firmware, simply dive into your connected smartphone’s Pebble app. And if you need to update your Pebble app, you can jump to both Google Play and the App Store using the links below. Happy updating!