LG G3 officially introduced with 5.5-inch Quad HD display, 13-megapixel rear cameraAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
It’s finally happened, folks. After starring in more leaks, rumors and teases than anyone could keep track of, the LG G3 today got its official introduction.
The LG G3 is the latest Android flagship from the Life’s Good crew and is the follow-up to 2013’s G2. We’ve already got a pretty good idea of what makes the G3 tick thanks to yesterday’s mega-leak, but just in case you need a refresher, here’s the G3’s spec list:
- 5.5-inch Quad HD 2560x1440 display
- 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor
- 13-megapixel rear camera with Optical Image Stabilization+, Laser Auto Focus
- 2.1-megapixel front camera
- 16GB/32GB storage
- microSD slot with support for cards up to 128GB in size
- 2GB/3GB of RAM
- 3000mAh removable battery
- Android 4.4.2
- 4G LTE
- Wireless charging
- Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold, Moon Violet and Burgundy Red color options
- 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9mm
In addition to going into detail on the LG G3’s hardware, LG today also shared some information on the unique software features of its new smartphone:
- Smart Keyboard: Learns as you type to enable you to input text faster and with fewer mistakes. Keyboard height can be adjusted to better fit a user’s hands. Individual keys can be customized with symbols
- Smart Notice: Acts like a personal assistant, giving recommendations based on user behavior, phone usage patterns and location. For example, Smart Notice can remind you of a call that you declined earlier and ask if you’d like to return the call. Uses natural language to make recommendations, such as “You may want to take an umbrella today since it will rain this evening.
- Smart Security: Includes features like Knock Code unlock method, Content Lock to hide personal files and Kill Switch for remotely disabling and wiping a phone that’s been lost or stolen.
While most details of the LG G3 have been well-leaked by now, there’s one piece of information that’s managed to elude us this whole time: LG’s G3 launch plans. The company revealed those today, though, saying that the G3 will be released in South Korea on May 28 and will roll out to more than 170 carriers total.
In the U.S, the G3 will arrive on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon in the U.S. this summer. AT&T says that it will launch the G3 “this year,” Sprint has pegged its G3 launch for July 2014 and T-Mobile says that its launch will happen “later this summer.” No pricing details have been announced. However, Sprint says that it’s got an exclusive on the Shine Gold model, and T-Mobile has revealed that it’s running a contest in which it’s giving away one LG G3 Beta model every day until Sunday, June 29. Images of the AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile G3 models can be found in the gallery below.
UPDATE: Verizon has finally shed some more light on its LG G3. The big red carrier says that the G3 will hit its shelves “this summer” and that the device will work with its new XLTE network. Images of the black and white Verizon LG G3s are available in the gallery.