Motorola reveals Android 4.4.3 rollout plans, GPe Samsung Galaxy S 4 and HTC One receive updateAlex Wagner - Editorial Director of News and Content
Google still hasn’t made any official announcements regarding Android 4.4.3, but apparently that won’t stop other manufacturers from pushing the update out to their customers.
Motorola just announced that starting today, June 3, it will begin rolling Android 4.4.3 out to Moto X, G and E users. This week will see the T-Mobile Moto X, U.S. and Brazilian Moto G and U.S. and Canadian Moto E units receive the Android 4.4.3 update. Here’s what you lucky folks will receive with this fresh update:
- Improved dialer with a new interface and new colors to enhance consistency and usability.
- Several stability, framework, security fixes.
- Enhancements to power profile capabilities.
- Improved camera image quality for Moto X including better consistency of exposure, more realistic flash coloring, and improved photos in low light conditions using front camera.
- For Moto X and Moto G, pausing for video recording with a convenient pause/resume button on the viewfinder.
- Motorola Alert in this update for Moto X and Moto G users. This new app helps give peace of mind by sending periodic messages to the contacts you choose.
Motorola’s devices aren’t the only ones getting Android 4.4.3 this week, as owners of the Google Play edition Galaxy S 4 and One (M7) models are reporting that Android 4.4.3 is now hitting their devices. The updates weigh in at 156.2MB and 163.3MB, respectively, and are said to include improvements to performance and stability as well as some bug fixes.
Have you received Android 4.4.3 on any of your devices yet? If so, give us a shout in the comments section below!